Monday, January 07, 2013

Day 1: Whoa is Moi

Started out the day making my 12 yr old his lunch. Roasted chicken on french bread. Also made him his breakfast - a waffle. WTH? Is this how I'm supposed to start my wheat free existence? Smelling and touching the forbidden foods-whoa is moi.

It was a conscious decision not to involve him in my grand experiment as of yet. Poor kid has enough on his plate. If I told him no more process'd carbs-it'd put him over the edge. Besides, I have to master my own intake before subjecting my kids to it.

I did my "weirdo'h list" shopping during the Redskins/Seahawk playoff game at Wegman's yesterday. A masterful move if I do say so myself. Wegman's/Fairfax is usually a madhouse on the weekend... during the game, it was actually manageable. Still it took me 2 hours to navigate, find, read, double-back, reread all the ingredients for my new wheat-free (wf) existence. They were out of almond meal/flour so I suspect I'm not the only plumper embarking on this journey. Also couldn't find them shirataki noodles although I admit, I didn't look too hard-they sound semi-gross and might have to be an acquired taste.

Met my wf partner Ann this morning for our 3x a week 4m run. Non-runners might be impressed with this but when you've run for a long time, it's all about what you put in your mouth if you want to lose weight. Mileage and working out doesn't really do much unfortunately-if anything the more you work out, the hungrier you are. So as far as exercising, I'm going to be dogged and determined to maintain my usual optimal weekly routine: 12-15m of running and 2-3x BbG strength training. I may start swimming just for the embarrassment factor. If I have to squeeze my big ol' behind into a sausage casing (bathing suit), it'll keep me more diligent.

I weighed in at a healthy 136lbs (I'm 5'4") Ann reported 145lb (she's 5'6"). We both would like to lose minimally 12-15lbs. I may post a "before" later in the week. I'm not ready to face that quite yet.

Had a soft-boiled egg, 1/2 banana, coffee w/creamer for breakfast

Making the wf meatloaf tonight with the "no mac and cheese" (it uses cauliflower). I'm intrigued.


No comments: